In this episode, we speak to two young adults -- Sarah and Dan. Both of them are in their early 30s. We work to uncover their thoughts about young adulthood and the role their parents played in their journey.
Full disclosure -- both of these young adults, although from different parts of the country, are white and from middle to upper-middle-class families. Our goal over the next year is to speak with more young adults, from many different backgrounds. But this is a start.
Both of them give us some solid advice on issues such as:
- Do they want to know if you do not approve of their significant other?
- How often should you call - or not?
- When did they feel like they were "adults," and what did it mean to them?
- What is the hardest part of being an adult?
- How do their families deal with finances and if they were ready for a fiancial education in their younger years?
- Did they have reckless years in their 20s and do they agree with our earlier interview with Dr. Larry Nelson?
Stay- tuned for their final advice at the end of the episode. It is worth waiting for.
Thanks so much to Connie Gorant Fisher, our audio engineer.
Support us P L E A S E!
Buy us a coffee: LINK HERE
Buy a mug: LINK HERE
Great Deal for Listeners!
Denise's favorite shape-wear company. Denise particularly LOVES their best selling Truekind Daily Comfort Wireless Bra. "It holds you up and is so comfortable. I am hooked - truly," says Denise. Use this link and just put biteyourtongue (one word) in the CODE at checkout.
Follow up on our social media platforms
And remember - sometimes you might just have to BITE YOUR TONGUE!
Comments & Upvotes