Today we talk to Cameron Huddleston, an award-winning journalist who has been writing for over 20 years on personal finance. US News and World Report named her one of the top finance experts to follow on Twitter. Link to her Twitter feed.
She just released an amazing book called, “Mom and Dad, We Need to Talk.” The target for the book is our kids of course, but we switched the conversation with Cameron and called it - “Hey Adult Kids, We Need to Talk.”
Here are some of the things we discuss:
- Why it is important to have a conversation with your adult kids now about estate planning (and estate planning is not just for rich people!).
- How to broach the subjects of estate planning and end-of-life planning with your kids.
- The key legal documents that you need to have now, and how often to update them.
- Other important documents and information, including passwords, car titles, bank accounts and more. Here is a link to Cameron’s IN CASE OF EMERGENGY document - or you can also download it from her website. It could take you weeks to complete, but it is a starting point in understanding all that your adult children need to know NOW!
- Even though you are healthy and really don’t think you will die or be injured soon, why it is so very important to be prepared.
Thanks so much to Connie Gorant Fisher, our audio engineer.
Support us P L E A S E!
Buy us a coffee: LINK HERE
Buy a mug: LINK HERE
Great Deal for Listeners!
Denise's favorite shape-wear company. Denise particularly LOVES their best selling Truekind Daily Comfort Wireless Bra. "It holds you up and is so comfortable. I am hooked - truly," says Denise. Use this link and just put biteyourtongue (one word) in the CODE at checkout.
Follow up on our social media platforms
And remember - sometimes you might just have to BITE YOUR TONGUE!
Comments & Upvotes